BIGpumpin'

BIGpumpin'
And check "The Pump Party" Feature blog at 68caliber.com

Monday, March 30, 2009

Pride in the name of pump love

I slip on a root, the ground is wet from the night's rain, just catch myself in time... won't smash this $400 S6 I borrowed even if I fall... just twist & land on my head to keep it safe.

Battle up ahead, hear the ramping Tippmenn rocking... and the faint farting thud of Tim's pump in there somewhere, I'm going the right way. Hope dad is keeping up... look back, he's shooting off to the side, stopping some choad from flanking us... nice.

I see yellow circles ahead, ducking, dodging, yelling, pointing, LEADING a charge. I look for an open spot, a place we are weak... so I can fill it... not really any. So I drift left & look for a spot those pompous brits are weak & not covering... there are many. I pop up behind a hedge row & cap two guys at big oaks, they might normally ignore the one or two hits especially from so far away, but they are already being pummeled from other angles... my little extra just makes cheating too hard, they walk off... heads down.

I jog off to the right, my guys are pushing up, blue armbands are falling like leaves, many play on when hit... they seem to be mad. I pass my boys...my team... my family, they have this area covered. Maybe I can go around to the right & hit them from the side... soften them up for further destruction. I go way passed the last red band I can see, hook back left now...looking for a trail or open spot to get through. A single dark figure ahead, moving steadily through the woods...not towards me, must be... yup, a Ninja. Just then he stabs his black Micro-Phantom out like a sabre, 200' away, a guy flinches & looks around... then up, as if thinking it's going to rain. I confirm his forecast with the S6's deadly AT to keep him honest... he does the right thing.

All day long it was like that, moving from place to place, seeing those smiley faces just smashing all opposition. We lost one battle I can think of, it was not the whole crew though... not sure it counts. Trying to hold a little clearing with a sand bag emplacement in the middle. It took being 3/4 surrounded... by at least 5 times our numbers to get us out of there, and they lost many in the effort.

These guys play like poetry, leaning out into hail storms of full-auto Tippy fire to deliver single magic bullets to their enemy's faces. Driving our side's gaggles of newbs, that typically followed at a safe distance, up into the fight to at least be cannon fodder & use up some of our enemy's paint. Calling out hit locations on opponents many leagues distant... at one point I heard a call of "On your left toe player". And though that guy didn't leave... I was close enough (since I was dead & walking off) to hear him say to his buddy- "There's no way that broke", implying he had indeed felt a hit in to the toe, but was not going to check it... for shame!

When asked to switch sides, to help with team imbalance, we were "trigger" happy to help out (sorry). But it mattered not, for whichever side we took, the other was taunted & spat upon, and many farm animals were hurled at them in their sorrow. I wont go through and name everyone, but you all know how well you played... heroic efforts from everyone. I would name some standouts, but truly they ALL stood out to me.

I could not be prouder of how my Trigger Happy brothers played this past weekend, there was no group or team that could stand against them man for man, and some of our men were boys... and many more were pretty damn old! I think Heath Ledger said it best, as far as playing scenario games with you guys... I think you and I are destined to do this forever.

<3 Don.

No comments:

Post a Comment